Sync your terminal with Moneris to download account settings.
At the "Welcome" screen, tap OK.
Wait while the terminal connects to Moneris to get your account settings.
1. At the "Welcome" screen, tap OK. Wait while the terminal connects to Moneris to get your account settings.
2. When the terminal displays the message “Please configure the external pinpad before pressing OK to reboot the terminal”, tap the OK button (or press the green key on the keypad) on the terminal. The terminal reboots.
3. Once the terminal and external PIN pad boot up, the “Let’s set up the LAN settings” screen is displayed on the external PIN pad.
4. On the external PIN pad, ensure the IP version is set to IPv4. If not, tap the drop-down menu and select it.
5. In the IP Address Type drop-down menu, tap Dynamic IP.
6. Tap the OK button (or press the green key on the keypad). The PIN pad returns to an idle screen, displaying the PIN pad ID (a string of numbers beginning with “P1”, e.g. P1012345). The terminal displays the “Please wait while the terminal scans for the external pinpad…” message.
Note: This may take several minutes.
7. At the "Welcome" screen, tap OK. Wait while the terminal connects again with Moneris to get your account settings, then displays the “Congratulations, you’re now payment ready!” screen, and the external PIN pad displays its idle screen.
To protect your terminal from unauthorized refunds and changes to settings, set up a high security user ID and passcode.
Enter a User ID
At the “Let’s secure this device” screen, tap the User ID field and enter a 1 to 4 digit user ID. Then tap OK.
Enter a Passcode
Tap the Passcode field and enter a 4 to 10 digit passcode. It can be letters or numbers. Then tap OK.
You cannot use 3 or more consecutive numbers such as 1236, 65439, or 3 or more repeating numbers such as 9996, 1113.
Note: Do not share your passcode with others. Use a password manager or store your passcode in a secure location for future reference.
Enter a Personal Identifier Name
This field is optional.
Tap the Personal Identifier field and enter a name, then tap OK.
Save Your Information
To accept the information you entered, tap OK.
At the “Congratulations, you’re now payment ready!" screen, tap Edit your settings to proceed with Tailoring Your Product.
Your product’s hardware and software are all set!
Let's tailor your tip, clerk, receipt and security settings.