Troubleshoot Balancing Issues
If you perform a close batch and get a BALANCED – NO message, this means a transaction is missing. Follow these steps to identify the missing transaction and call Moneris as soon as possible to resolve the issue.
- Determine the card type and the transaction type that is missing: On the Batch Totals report, look at the line above the Totals Do Not Match message or the line beside the No Match message. This tells you the card type and the transaction type to look for.
- .Determine the dollar amount that is missing: Find the dollar amount for that transaction type on the Batch Totals report and compare it to the dollar amount for that transaction type on the Stored Transactions report. This tells you the transaction amount to look for.
- Review your printed receipts or Stored Transactions report and look for a transaction that matches the card type, transaction type and dollar amount that you determined in steps 1 and 2. Log in to Merchant Direct and use the Find a Transaction feature to confirm it was settled. If the transaction appears in Merchant Direct, it was processed successfully. If the transaction cannot be located in Merchant Direct, please Contact Us for additional guidance.
- Call Moneris Customer Care toll-free at 1-844-204-8626 preferably within 5 days* of the date the missing transaction was processed. Please have your banking information available before calling. You will need to verify your account before the Moneris agent can provide any card information to you.
- Provide the information for the transaction you identified to the Moneris agent. They will locate the additional information required and will walk you through processing the missing transaction on your terminal.
*You must call within 30 days of the date the missing transaction was processed in order for Moneris to be able to provide assistance.
Need Additional Help?
Talk to one of our business advisers for additional troubleshooting.