What is ecommerce fraud?
Credit card fraud continues to be a significant issue for businesses and consumers, and it hurts us all. Moneris has taken a proactive approach to helping merchants reduce fraud by creating the Moneris "Every Card. Every Time" fraud prevention program to help educate front-line staff about fraud.
There is anonymity buying through the mail, over the telephone, or online, but here are the steps you can take to help stop credit card fraud.
- Larger than normal purchases
- Orders of "big ticket" items for resale
- Orders shipped Rush or Overnight for quick sale
- Orders shipped to a location different from the billing address
- Multiple different cards declined before transaction approves
- Transactions on similar account numbers
- Orders shipped to a single address, but made from multiple cards
- Card testing
Please see A Guide to Preventing Credit Card Fraud for further information.