Developer Portal updated to help enable easier payment integration for eCommerce and mobile applications
Moneris Solutions Corporation (“Moneris”), one of North America’s leading credit and debit card processors, introduced new and improved resources for eCommerce and mobile application developers seeking payment integration tools. The Moneris Developer Portal provides easy access to information and tools businesses need to add payment capabilities to their applications.
The Moneris Developer Portal complements Moneris Gateway, a payment processing platform that allows businesses to securely complete transactions. The improved Developer Portal offers easier access to information, full search capabilities, interactive knowledgebase and regular blogs. Existing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) have been improved to support payments from across North America and a new Software Development Kit (SDK) offers more flexibility to developers when integrating in-app payments.
“As more businesses move online and into mobile applications, payment integration has to be made easier for developers. Our goal with the Moneris Developer Portal is to provide effective tools and resources that make their work easier. Giving developers flexibility in how they can add payments to their applications means they can get solutions to market faster to meet their customer needs.”
Rob Cameron, Chief Product Officer at Moneris.
With the redesign of the Developer Portal, Moneris now supports in-app payments by offering API and SDK information for Apple Pay integration. This type of payment support is critical to companies like Tacit Innovations, the creators of maegan™, a mobile ordering platform designed for restaurants and other hospitality venues. Using the tools within the Moneris Developer Portal, maegan is able to integrate into point-of-sale (POS), Payment and Loyalty solutions for seamless operation.
“Developing a custom restaurant solution that improves the customer experience while making it easy for operators means it has to cover all aspects of their encounter with a business, including payments. Moneris is the biggest processors in the country and used by many of our customers, so being able to easily integrate payments through their gateway was critical to maegan’s success. The Developer Portal gave us the right tools and resources to add these capabilities in our app and we’re excited to start using new tools like their SDK for in-app payments.”
Cris Jucan, CEO of Tacit Innovations.
The redesign of the Moneris Developer Portal goes beyond the portal itself. As one of the most trusted brands in payments in Canada, Moneris is committed to delivering tools and resources for businesses and developers in a convenient and effective manner. As part of the update, APIs and the SDK are now available on GitHub, making access to critical development tools more open and easier to find. Additional improvements include:
- Interactive knowledge base where the developer community can collaborate on solutions with input from Moneris technical resources
- Updated APIs that offer unified payment integration for North American-focused payment acceptance and improved shopping cart plug-in instructions
- Support of Apple Pay in-app payments with more payment options to be included as they are introduced to market
- Developer Portal blog offering tips and advice on new features and how best to take advantage of them
- Personalized user experience that delivers API information in preferred programming languages, country preference and more
- Individual testing environments where developers can leverage reporting to track test transactions
In addition to these enhancements, Moneris will host events such as training boot camps for developers focusing on best practices for payment integration, fraud prevention and more. For more information on Moneris developer solutions visit www.moneris.com/developers.
As one of North America's largest providers of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers credit, debit, wireless and online payment services for merchants in virtually every industry segment and processes more than three billion transactions, annually. Moneris offers electronic loyalty and stored-value gift card programs. With more than 350,000 merchant locations, Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed to improve business efficiency and manage payments. For more information please visit www.moneris.com.
For media enquiries, please contact:
- MONERIS & Design is a registered trade-mark of Moneris Solutions Corporation. Apple and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other marks and registered trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.