As the largest provider of innovative solutions for mobile, online and in-store payments, Moneris is uniquely positioned to provide data insights into the economic impacts of events and projects in Canadian cities.
When Moneris is contracted for a data project, a thorough analysis is done to ensure the information provided is statistically relevant and properly masked, including:
- Having an appropriate sample size to be representative of a target area
- Using minimum sampling thresholds to ensure the confidentiality of merchants
- Anonymizing and aggregating all credit and debit spend details to provide trend data
- Using appropriate sampling methodologies in order to conduct an accurate analysis, based on the requirements of the data project
- When required, providing comparison group data as part of the analysis (as long as the comparison group meets the foregoing tests)
Moneris provides relevant data under the terms of agreements made with customers. Moneris does not draw conclusions about any data provided. Regardless of whether a customer only considers Moneris data in respect of an event or project or also collects other data points (e.g. sales taxes collected, traffic volumes etc.), all data interpretations and decisions related to the data are made by the customer.
Moneris is Canada’s largest provider of innovative solutions for mobile, online and in-store payments, processing more than one in three transactions. Serving businesses of every size and industry, Moneris offers hardware, software and solutions to help transform the way businesses grow and operate, in payments and beyond.
For more information, visit moneris.com and follow @moneris.