Note: Demo Mode can be activated only on terminals that have been configured, initialized and logged on.
IMPORTANT: You must close the current batch before you can enter Demo Mode. Do NOT clear the batch.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that you exit Demo Mode before processing actual financial transactions. Transactions processed in Demo Mode will NOT affect your terminal totals, financial accounts or customer accounts.
To enter Demo Mode:
1. On the applications menu, select DEBIT & CREDIT.
The message "Activating App..." is displayed, then the transactions menu appears.
2. Press the green OK key to display the CONFIGURATION menu.
3. Select Setup.
If the "Password:" prompt appears, key in the manager password and press the green OK key.
4. On the Setup menu, select Demo.
5. At the "Demo Mode" prompt, select On.
● If the "Batch Not Empty Clear Batch" message appears, the terminal has transactions in terminal memory and you must follow the steps below:
a. Select No. The "TRANS CANCELLED" message appears.
b. Press the green OK key to return to the Setup menu, then press the red CANC ANNUL key two times to return to the transactions menu.
c. Perform a Batch Close, then try entering Demo Mode again.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT select Yes. If you do, the batch will be deleted and you will lose all transactions in the batch in the terminal memory. You will be unable to close that batch and will be out of balance with the Moneris host.
The terminal displays "DEMO MODE ON" then the Setup menu re-appears with the DEMO icon () displayed on the left side of the screen.
6. Press the red CANC ANNUL key two times to return to the transactions menu.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that you exit Demo Mode before processing actual financial transactions. Transactions processed in Demo Mode will not affect your terminal totals, financial accounts and customers’ accounts.