Moneris has two types of settlement:
● Merchant Close - You are responsible for closing your batch at the end of each day.
● System Close - Moneris automatically closes your batch at the end of the day.
Note: To close multiple terminals at once, see Multi-Terminal Batch Close.
Note: To print the Batch Totals report without closing the batch, see The Batch Totals Report.
If your merchant account is set up for Merchant Close, you must process a Batch Close transaction in order to have the funds from your POS transactions deposited to your business account. Here’s how:
1. On the applications menu, select DEBIT & CREDIT.
The message "Activating App..." is displayed, then the transactions menu appears.
2. Scroll down and select Batch Close.
If the "Password:" prompt appears, key in the manager password and press the green OK key.
3. At the "Close Type?" prompt, select Sngl.
The terminal communicates with the Moneris host, then prints the Batch Totals section of the Batch Close report.
4. At the "Prt Stored Trans?" prompt, select Yes to print the Stored Transactions report.
5. At the " Rpt Period:" prompt:
● To print the transactions for a specific date, select Date, key in the date at the "Date (YYYYMMDD):" prompt, then press the green OK key.
● To print all transactions in the batch, select All.
The terminal prints the Stored Transactions report and the "Close Batch?" prompt appears.
When the "Close Batch?" prompt appears, check that the totals on the Batch Totals report match the totals on the printed Stored Transactions report.
● If they match, select Yes to close the batch. The terminal finishes printing the Batch Close report and returns to the transactions menu.
● If they do NOT match, select No to cancel the Batch Close process and call Moneris the next business day for reconciliation assistance.
Note: If you don’t make a selection at the "Close Batch?" prompt within two minutes, the terminal will beep three times then return to the transactions menu without closing the batch.
IMPORTANT: If swapping your terminal (i.e. you have contacted Moneris and asked to swap one of your terminals for a newer one supplied by Moneris), please perform a Batch Close to ensure that there are no transaction totals left on the device.
If your account is set up for System Close settlement, Morris automatically closes your batch for you at the end of each day. You must verify transaction totals on a daily basis. Here’s how:
IMPORTANT: The Merchant Sub-Totals Report must be printed before 11:00 p.m. local time.
Confirm that the totals on the Merchant Sub-Totals report match the totals on the Stored Transactions report. If they do not match, contact Moneris within 30 days for reconciliation assistance.