This function sends information about the terminal to the Moneris host and receives additional parameters and information from the host.
If changes have been made to your terminal configuration or your merchant account, the terminal may display 'Init Required' or the Service Centre may call and ask you to re-initialize your terminal.
To re-initialize the terminal:
1. On the applications menu, select DEBIT & CREDIT.
The message "Activating App..." is displayed, then the transactions menu appears.
2. Press the green key to display the CONFIGURATION menu.
3. Scroll down and select Initialize.
If the "Password:" prompt appears, key in the manager password and press the green key.
4. At the "Retain ID?" prompt, select Yes.
The terminal communicates with the Moneris host (this may take a few minutes). When the initialization is complete, the transactions menu re-appears.
5. If the "Host Logon Required" prompt appears, log on to the terminal.
Note: For instructions on initializing your terminal the first time, see Initializing Your Terminal.