We use your personal information for its intended, specific and authorized purposes and for the purposes set out below:
- to provide you with the products, solutions and services you have requested;
- to provide products, services or solutions on behalf of our merchant clients, including hosted payment solutions;
- if you are a merchant, to determine your financial situation by collecting credit and related financial information from credit reporting agencies, financial institutions and from references provided by you;
- to facilitate the provision of our services by sharing personal information with our third party service providers located in Canada, the United States or other jurisdictions to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, analytics, customer service, fraud protection and content management tools, as well as to credit and debit card issuers, credit and debit card associations, credit agencies and similar parties connected to credit or debit card services;
- for reporting purposes and for security measures under credit or debit card association rules or regulations your personal information may be shared with credit and debit card issuers (VISA, MasterCard, Interac, etc.), financial institutions or other credit or debit card related entities;
- to communicate with you, to effectively provide the services you have requested and to safeguard your interests;
- to detect and investigate potentially fraudulent or questionable activities regarding your merchant account(s) or use of our services;
- to respond to customer inquiries;
- to offer you additional products, services and solutions we believe you might be interested in, which may include sharing information with banks or other third parties with your authorization;
- to maintain quality customer service; ; and/or
- to comply with applicable laws and/or regulations and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations, including anti-money laundering laws and card brand rules and regulations, which may include disclosure pursuant to a lawful access request by Canadian, US or other law enforcement and governmental authorities.
In providing the above noted services to you, your personal information may be stored, accessed, or used in a country outside of Canada (including the United States or the Philippines) by Moneris or its service providers, for any of the purposes identified above. Where personal information is located outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of that jurisdiction, which may differ from those in your jurisdiction. Any personal information transferred to another jurisdiction will be subject to law enforcement and national security authorities in that jurisdiction. Subject to these laws, Moneris will use reasonable measures to maintain protections of your personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada. By providing Moneris with your personal information, you are consenting to such cross-border transfers (including to the United States or the Philippines) for any of the purposes set out above.
Merchant Customer Privacy Practices: