Promotional Offer – January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
General Eligibility Criteria and Terms
The promotional offer described below (“Offer”) is available from January 1 – December 31, 2017 and is available only to new merchants located in Canada that:
- enter into Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and Interac® processing agreements with Moneris Solutions Corporation (“Moneris”) and that rent or buy terminal(s) from Moneris (limited to one Offer per merchant). Moneris is under no obligation to approve a merchant for any services and reserves the right to determine a qualified merchant in accordance with its credit adjudication and other policies and procedures. Following satisfactory internal Moneris approval, merchants will be required to agree to, and agree to be bound by, the terms and conditions under the merchant and/or gift card processing agreement(s) and/or other agreement(s) with Moneris (individually, the “Agreement” and collectively, the “Agreement”); and
- use an RBC Royal Bank® account for settlement of transaction proceeds and are referred to Moneris for card processing services by RBC Royal Bank.
The Offer is subject to change, withdrawal or cancellation at any time and is not valid with any other offer. If any of the applicable Agreements is terminated prior to the expiry of its term, the merchant will pay Moneris the amount (or value) of the Offer it received. The Offer does not apply to Moneris PAYD® products.
Gifts or Rebate
The gift or rebate will be provided in the form of a GIFTPASS® from Giftcertificates.ca™. Eligible merchants have the option to redeem the GIFTPASS for: (1) gift card(s) from available retailers on giftcertificates.ca or (2) a rebate deposited into the merchant’s bank account. The GIFTPASS will be delivered approximately 150 days after the merchant begins processing credit and debit transactions with Moneris, provided that:
- at such time the merchant continues to be an active Moneris merchant processing transactions under valid Agreements; and
- the merchant has processed at least $1,000.00 in Visa, MasterCard and/or Discover credit card volume with Moneris within the first 60 days following the date that the merchant processes the first credit or debit card transaction (the “Offer Processing Period”), provided that such first transaction is processed within the first 30 days of the Agreements.
The denomination of the GIFTPASS will depend on the Visa, MasterCard and/or Discover credit card volume processed by the merchant during the Offer Processing Period as follows:
|$1,000.00 to $2,499.99||$150.00|
|$2,500.00 to $74,999.99||$300.00|
|$75,000.00 to $149,999.99||$400.00|
Moneris will contact eligible merchants directly with information on the GIFTPASS denomination and how to redeem the GIFTPASS, the redemption of which will be subject to the terms and conditions of the GIFTPASS and giftcertificates.ca (one GIFTPASS per eligible merchant).
99.9% System Reliability
The Moneris service is available if the Moneris host system processing platform is operational. Service availability is measured by Moneris each calendar quarter and is subject to certain exclusions as determined by Moneris.
90-day Satisfaction Guarantee
The 90-day satisfaction guarantee is limited to a waiver of the cancellation or deactivation fee if the merchant cancels any of the Agreements within 90 days from the date of the Agreement. All other fees, charges and terms and conditions in the Agreements apply.
- ® MONERIS, MONERIS & Design, MONERIS BE PAYMENT READY & Design, MONERIS PAYD, PAYD, PAYD PRO and PAYD PRO PLUS are registered trade-marks of Moneris Solutions Corporation. VISA is a registered trade-mark of Visa International. MASTERCARD is a registered trade-mark of MasterCard International Incorporated. DISCOVER is a registered trade-mark of Discover Financial Services. INTERAC is a registered trade-mark of Interac Inc. RBC and ROYAL BANK are registered trade-marks of Royal Bank Canada. TM GIFTCERTIFICATES.CA is a trade-marks of Moneris Solutions Corporation. All other marks and registered trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.